problems downloading AVG Lite

the old man 18:55 25 Mar 04

Can anyone advise when AVG was last on the PCA dvd as I have not been able to download it from Grisoft for the last couple of weeks. Dont know why this is. I have a few old discs knocking about the house. Other advice accepted.

961 19:01 25 Mar 04

I just wonder if AVG is perhaps trying to discourage the freebie downloaders and file updaters among us.

Recently I've found that the automatic update for the freebie has been turned off and I've had to download manually. On some occasions the manual download just won't latch onto the update folder

The other day I downloaded a new copy of the free software from the US site but today I couldn't get that to update with the latest virus file

Perhaps it's me....

Indigo 1 19:28 25 Mar 04

No problems for me downloading AVG Free Edition click here

Although I did hit a snag when navigating round their site using the Back button.

Also no probs with Automatic Updates either...soorry 80(

bvw in bristol 19:29 25 Mar 04

Just downloaded AVG 6 free edition,6.60MB, without any problem. Email code received immediately.

Taw® 19:57 25 Mar 04

click here check out this page for a tweak on avg updatecourtesey tommyred

the old man 18:40 26 Mar 04

I am not looking to update the program, I am actually looking to download it and after the help last night have tried again four times and still no joy, so dont have the avg folder to change the url.ini
am using fresh download.

the old man 19:27 26 Mar 04

Have just tried again and managed to download 611k before time error after 5 attempts. have checked various settings in za, freshdownload, etc.

Proxy Worm 19:40 26 Mar 04

click here

Try downloading it form here, click on the Quick download- VG 6 in the middle of the page.

the old man 13:37 27 Mar 04

perserverance, luck and the knowledge of TAW and his link have enabled me to download and get updates all in about 10 minutes.
to proxy worm thanks for advice but link only took me back to grisoft website. help appreciated though, thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…