problems disconnecting from web sites

carvers 08:47 17 Nov 03

this is my second try to resolve this problem. i have windows xp with service pack 1 installed and a good deal of microsoft updates. i have norton anti virus and firewall installed with auto update selected. my pc works normally when accessing web pages and when i close the browser ie6 a box pops up and asks if i want to stay connected or disconnect, this is as it should be.
if whilst online symantec auto updates me this box does not appear and i have to select icon from taskbar and manually disconnect but if i do this it leaves all the icons/cookies loaded onto my system which is several pages of pictures banners etc. my cookie handling is set to allow first party cookies and deny third party cookies. symantec are still looking into this but seem to be struggling. does anyone have any ideas other than to manually select symantec updates. thanks in advance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…