Problems with dialup

Chegs ® 09:54 14 Mar 05

I have AOL as my ISP,up until Fri it worked fine,but since Fri night,my connection drops every 15 minutes,unless I'm using AOL browser.I usually use "Avant" or IE,but its impossible to d/l using them.I tried using AOL browser last night and was able to d/l AOL 9 without any problem.

Its only started happening after running anti-spyware apps,I hoped that reinstalling AOL software might have helped but it hasn't.

The problem appears to be AOL software isn't recognising data thru-put from IE/Avant,and thinking the connection is idle,disconnects.

I have tried to cfg the "Dialup Networking" to connect to ISP,but continually get "Incorrect Username or Password" so I have to use the AOL software.

aol is a very intrusive program. its like a cant get rid of it! i must admit i hate aol. i have a 2.2mb connection
but maybe u have knocked out some vital files used by aol in the process. aol it very nosy. try uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

Chegs ® 10:04 14 Mar 05

I agree AOL is a pain,stuffing files everywhere thats why I tried to cfg a "normal" connection(and it fails)I have already tried reinstalling AOL software(AOL 6/7 & 9)but still get the same problem.

Chegs ® 14:19 14 Mar 05

I have now removed/reinstalled AOL 9,the connection is staying on,but various shortcuts now open the wrong files(GoodSol cards opens OfficeXP installer)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…