Problems customising OUTLOOK TODAY page!

infodan 14:16 10 Apr 03

At some stage one of my friends has borrowed my laptop. On return the outlook today page is different. I have tried to get the original (is that shows appointments, tasks etc) back but to no avail. The "customise outlook today" link that is usually (and used to be) present has disappeared and ive tried a number of different ways to get it back. Without that link i am unable to get into the page that controls what appears. Does anyone know how to help??

infodan 14:56 10 Apr 03

as a seperate note the outlook today page now acts as a web browser??? ve tried toright click the icon and change the details in properties but no luck. I can change the homepage that appears but cannot figure out how to get my intial calender tasks lists back. I have also played about with the view settings and no luck there, i have tried clicking the restore button in th right click box but this simply returns thepage to the orginal homepge which is set to msn. Im pulling my hair out ... !!! please help !!!

Jordanjunkie 15:09 10 Apr 03

Have you tried speak to the friend?

Ben Avery (Work) 15:15 10 Apr 03

Why not back up your address bk and your emails and simply reinstall outlook?

BA

infodan 15:36 10 Apr 03

Ive tried to install Outlook XP off the XP disk over the top when i was originally running outlook 2000 but it just keeps the same settings for some reason. im really stuck. i think it is something to do with the fact that the outlooktoday page is now web enabled and is acting as a browser. But beyond that i dont know and have no idea.....

BRYNIT 16:26 10 Apr 03

Do you have the shortcut bar on the left hand side. if this is missing click on view/outlook bar

infodan 10:03 15 Apr 03

Hi. Thanks to everyone for their posts. However the problem still exists. the reason being that i cannot find the link to customise outlook today. it is no longer there. If you click outlook today on the left hand side shortcut bar it just takes you to webpage. There is no longer any normal way to access the area where you can change the ppearance of outlook today.

Big Elf 10:15 15 Apr 03

Try backing up your .pst file and then uninstall Outlook and reinstall again. This should, hopefully, remove the current settings.

The .pst file is usually stored somewhere in 'Documents and Settings' and is normally hidden. When searching for it the options 'Search System Folders', 'Search Hidden Files and Folders' and 'Search subfolders' should be selected in the Search Pane in Explorer.

Tjsuk11 10:30 15 Apr 03

Can you explain what is on the screen exactly. Is it the outlook today but with no customize button, and none of your data.

Can you still recieve mail?

What are you trying to change the homepage from and too?

The homepage for outlook today looks like this-

res://C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033\outlwvw.dll/outlook.htm

infodan 21:14 16 Apr 03

i have tried to paste the path but outlook comes back saying the path does not exist?? i am running out of ideas lol i am generally quite good with these things and especially outlook which i use often. something must have changed or being deleted? should i try and find the path through the browse function??? in program files???

VoG™ 21:25 16 Apr 03

Does this help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac