Problems with Crucial scanner-Please help?

buel 10:59 20 Jun 09

Hi, my gf has a HP Pavilion dv-4 laptop and, strangely, the crucial memory scanner cant make a complete match and therefor could't recommend what Ram to buy so i tried to use their manual help tool and firstly i had to input the Manufacturer and when i get to 'HP' the only option is 'HP-Compaq' which isn't what her laptop is (pavilion), please can anyone explain why this is?

beeuuem 11:12 20 Jun 09

HP Compaq is the listing for all HP computers on that site.

lotvic 11:18 20 Jun 09

HP Compaq Pavilion DV4 review click here
Compaq Computer Corporation was an American personal computer company founded in 1982, and is now a brand name of Hewlett-Packard. click here

buel 11:42 20 Jun 09

Hi, thanks for that, that s very useful! Ok, i've got the Manufacturer as HP-Compaq, the Product line as Pavilion DV4000 Series (as the laptop says it is 'Pavilion dv4 but nothing else) but i am unable to determine which 'Model' it is! The options are many, such as 'Dv4000 Series', 'Dv4000 Series (DDR2)', Dv4012ap' etc etc
How can i find which model exactly it is please?

rdave13 11:46 20 Jun 09

Have a look here; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…