Problems with Creative Labs CT4810

Mr White 10:05 26 Mar 04

I am having a problem setting up the CT4810 card.

I can get the windows sounds playing through the speakers but not the music or other sounds ?

The OS is NT4 using service pack 4 (I am unable to upgrade form NT4 at the moment)

Any ideas??

temp003 10:13 26 Mar 04

"Music or other sounds" - Does that mean there is sound when playing files stored on the hard disk, but no sound when it is supposed to come from a CD or CDROM? If so, check your connection between the sound card and the CDROM.

Is there a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager?

temp003 10:23 26 Mar 04

If you need a driver for NT4, the latest one is dated 21/11/2001 click here and find the one for NT4.

Mr White 10:24 26 Mar 04

Yes the windows sounds on the hard disk work but there is no sound from the CD player or a package that generates alarms.

The connections are all fine and there are no exclamation marks!!

Mr White 10:26 26 Mar 04

I was able to download the NT drivers yesterday and have installed them with no problmes.

temp003 10:45 26 Mar 04

Not familiar with NT4, but check in Volume Control that nothing (e.g. CD Audio) is muted - probably wishful thinking.

Also check in Device Manager, CDROM, Properties, to see if there is a CD player Volume, and that it has not been muted.

While in CDROM properties, see if there is an option for enabling digital CD Audio. If so, tick it, which should bypass the sound card to CDROM connection, and could be a workaround.

Otherwise, try Control Panel, Sounds and Multimedia (or whatever it's called in NT4), to check that the preferred device is SB for all selections, and untick "Use preferred device only".

That's all I can think of.

If none of this works, hope someone else can help.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:08 26 Mar 04

Is the sound cable connected from card to cd player.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…