problems copying files

mikeyboy32 00:08 26 Aug 06

I am trying to copy files from my hard drive to a blank cd-r but everytime i try this a message comes up saying d: is unrecognizeable. The cd-r's i am using are not formatted cos i am copying move files onto the disc.the files will only play on my portable dvd player if i dont format the disc first. To be honest tho when i put the blank disc in my d: a prompt does not come on screen asking me if i want to format the disc amongst other options.this used to come up on screen.

please help.

mikeyboy32 00:13 26 Aug 06

Just to follow on from my post.the actual error message that comes up is 'd: is not accessable. incorrect function'. it's as if the pc thinks there is no disc in the d:

mikeyboy32 00:17 26 Aug 06

No need to post on this i just found out what the problem was. i went on d: properties and click box for enable writing on this drive.for some reason it had been unclicked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…