Problems converting .MKV files?

hiwatt 12:43 07 Mar 14

Hi fokls. I'm trying to burn a regular dvd that will play in a dvd player.The files I'm working with are .MKV files. I use Dvd flick to convert AVI,MP4 etc to VOB files but it's having a problem doing so with the .mkv files? I have read that dvd flick can do it though? Could I be doing something wrong? Can anyone recommend a good safe program that will convert the .mkv files or tell me how you do it? Thank you.

mart7 14:39 07 Mar 14

According to dvd flick website its not compatible with mkv format

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:44 07 Mar 14

freemake video_converter just make sure you untick the options for all the add on software when you install it.

james105051 15:07 07 Mar 14
  ICF 19:02 07 Mar 14
  hiwatt 20:02 07 Mar 14

Thanks folks.James105051 that program looks good.Do the Give away of the day programs usually come malware free and safe? Thanks folks.

mart7 12:54 08 Mar 14

*fruitbat/\0/*

Thought id have a look at freemake video converter,as you said have to be careful about installing other software,every page has boxes to untick etc,was looking for an alternative to CONVERTXtoDVD

alanrwood 13:12 08 Mar 14

Try the Magazine recommend "Format Factory". It's free so just try a Google for a download location. Latest version 3.3.1.0.

hiwatt 13:54 08 Mar 14

I downloaded that link to "giveawayoftheday"from james105051 for total video converter.It seems like a great program.Exactly what I was looking for!Very fast at converting too and didn't come with any unwanted toolbars or the like.It has expired now but you can download the trial version but I'm not sure what the differences are? Thanks james.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…