Problems connecting to Windows Live mail using my ntlworld account.

birdface 22:37 30 Jul 12

I have had problems connecting to my ntlworld.com email account using Windows live mail.

MSN and Live mail accounts work ok.

I get this message.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Ntlworld (Name?) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): Yes

It is used most days but decided to stop today for no reason.

All the setting seem normal smpt25 and incoming pop3 set at 110.

Now I have 2 computers one connected by Ethernet and the other by wireless which makes me think it could be an ISP problem.The problem may be that Virginmedia do not fix problems with Windows Live mail.

Anyone else using NTL or Virginmedia having any problems with sending or receiving e-mails.

difarn 22:43 30 Jul 12

It seems that this is an intermittent problem - you may find this Virgin forum of help - with suggestions on how to resolve it.

birdface 23:47 30 Jul 12

Thanks difarn if no difference in the morning I will post on there to see if I can get any help.

Tried a few of there remedies but nothing worked.

Sea Urchin 00:50 31 Jul 12

My settings for Windows Live Mail (Virginmedia) are SMTP 465 and POP3 995 as per this guide.

enter link description here

birdface 06:07 31 Jul 12

Sea Urchin

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I tried that last night with no luck.It did not want to know.I kept my sign in as ntlworld but changed the rest to smtp + pop Virginmedia.com and changed to 465+995.

It keeps asking for a password and username but does not recognise it.

It does that using ntlworld and virginmedia.

Just removed it from Windows live mail then reinstalled it and it is just the same.

birdface 10:33 31 Jul 12

Ok gave them a ring this morning and it is going to be fixed within the next 5 days.

Looks like they are quite busy just now with a lot of the same sort of problems.

Saying 5 days it could be anytime in that period.

So feel free to add to the post if you find out any further information.

Looks like they have been updating VIA Google mail and that may be where the problem lies.

birdface 10:59 01 Aug 12

Ok this seems to be the problem if you have an NTL e-mail address or any other address that does not start with viginmedia.

Back in June we sent out emails to everyone who had one of our email addresses that was not associated to Virgin Media services , asking them to get in touch with us in the next 30 days if they wanted to keep their email address. We call this an "orphaned" email address. We can see that you never received this email and have subsequently lost access to your email accounts and we're very sorry about any inconvenience this has caused.

So if you've lost access your email account in the last few weeks and you still have an account with us please call us on 150 or 0845 454 1111 (option 2) and quote the ref no: DC01. We will then be able to get your email account re-activated but it may take a couple of days.

woody 11:14 01 Aug 12

I use @ntlworld.com each day (Win Mail not live mail)incl today - no problem at all.

Have I misunderstood ,is it only live mail with problems,or should this be changed to virgin?

birdface 11:50 01 Aug 12

woody

Not sure as far as I could make out most of those accounts were removed not unless by any chance that you got an e-mail from them and you said you wanted to keep it.

I would keep it with NTL unless they tell you different.

birdface 17:55 09 Aug 12

Well still not fixed they have sort of promised me it will be fixed by tomorrow.Only time will tell.

Anyone tried this new e-mail from Microsoft.

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&ct=1344530991&rver=6.1.6206.0&sa=1&ntprob=-1&wp=MBISSLSHARED&wreply=https:%2F%2Fmail.live.com%2F%3Fowa%3D1%26owasuffix%3Dowa%252f&id=64855&snsc=1&cbcxt=mail

Outlook it is called and it is supposed to be taking over from Hotmail and Windows live mail.

birdface 17:59 09 Aug 12

Try this one instead.

https://www.outlook.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017