Problems connecting to internet with wireless

fishface1965 12:49 18 Feb 09

I have just changed to a BT HUB 2.0,i'm having problems trying to connect to the internet using wireless on my kids laptops, it shows local access only, both laptops have windows vista and they both worked before on wireless through my last broadband provider.
My laptop works wireless and I have windows 2003

Can anyone help.

mgmcc 11:46 19 Feb 09

There seems to be a 'bug' in Vista's networking whereby the network adapter intermittently changes to allow only "Local" access instead of "local & Internet" access. I haven't found a definitive solution, but it has been suggested that disabling TCP/IP Autotuning and possibly also UAC (User Account Control) might help. A Google search on "Local Access Only" brings up *millions* of results, so it's an extremely widespread problem.

To Disable TCP Auto-Tuning:

1. Open elevated command prompt with administrator’s privileges.
2. Type the following command and press Enter:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

To Re-Enable TCP Auto-Tuning:

1. Open elevated command prompt with administrator’s privileges.
2. Type the following command and press Enter:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=normal

To disable UAC, go to "Control Panel > User Accounts" select your account and click the link to "Turn User Account Control on or off".

fishface1965 14:38 19 Feb 09

Tried this but still showing local access only, only get internet access when the earthnet cable is plugged in.

tullie 14:50 19 Feb 09

Its ethernet by the way,i know this doesent help though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…