Problems connecting HP PSC750

BillD 09:48 12 Sep 03

Help please.
I recently purchased an HP PSC750 on Dabs auction which was supposed to be fully working and still under guarantee. I cannot get it to connect to a PC (i've tried 3 - 2xW98SE & 1xXP) using three different USB cables (all of which work on other things).
I have had no response to my emails to Dabs and I have run out of things to try on HP's website.
The symptoms are, the software appears to install, then when one connects the PSC and turns on the power - nothing!
The device works in stand alone manner, ie it copies and scans and prints a self-test sheet.
I have updated MSI.
Any ideas please?
BillD

MAJ 09:55 12 Sep 03

A problem, I've had before with HP printers can be the length of the USB cable, if it's longer than 3 metres, sometimes they just refuse to work even when everything has been done correctly, as you have seem to done.

BrianW 10:10 12 Sep 03

What happens if you turn on the machine and then plug in the psc750? I had problems with an older HP scanner with a USB connection and this seemed to be the only way to get it recognised ie: booting up with it attached didn't work.

Also does the psc 750 come with a parallel connector? If so, try that to see if it is a machine fault or usb port fault.

BillD 14:47 12 Sep 03

Thank you MAJ and BrianW for your suggestions.
I have used three different length USB cables from 2m to 5m. I have tried hot plugging and cold starting and every other permutation I can think of! The manifestation appears to be no connection from PC to PSC. The printer does not register in the 'printers' folder either.
BillD.

keenan 15:14 12 Sep 03

Have you tried using the ADD PRINTER WIZARD in XP.This will enable you to manually locate the input.
START-Control panel:printers & other harware:add printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…