Problems connecting to Freeserve Anytime

slimpickins 22:16 02 Jul 03

Today and several times this year I have had problems connecting to Freeserve Anytime, as have many other people I know. I know it is a FA issue because I can connect to my other ISP without difficulty.

I have downloaded the Connection Pack, which doesn't help and when the problem arises sometimes find I can connect using the old FA number.

Are many other people experiencing the same thing?

Jomi 22:36 02 Jul 03

I had the same trouble when I used freeserve, I think it's just a simple case of too many people using the bandwidth, or servers down.
The connection pack is more or less dialer software which dials the number for you, I doubt it will do anything to improve your manual connection.
Be cautious about using the other number you could possibly find yourself lumbered with a bill from bt.

slimpickins 23:17 02 Jul 03

The trouble with these questions is that you are having the same problem you're probably not online to answer.

The connection kit dials a series of numbers and is supposed to find the best to connect to, while the old ones are supposed to be being phased out. The KC also puts 1470 in front of the number which allows Freeserve to see the number you are calling from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…