problems connecting computer to led tv

polish 19:37 PM 05 Jan 12
Answered

i have just purchased a sharp 22 inch led tv but when connecting the vga cable the screen display says no connection thru pc yet old monitor works fine and 12 month old 22 lcd tv works fine i have changed to different resolutions with no joy and contacted sharp but they say problem is with pc.any help would be appreciated.

spiderlegz 19:59 PM 05 Jan 12

Is the new screen a normal TV with a VGA socket & not just a PC monitor? if so, then you'll need to press the 'source input button' or menu & select VGA input.

spiderlegz 20:04 PM 05 Jan 12

Also, is it possible that you have plugged your VGA cable into the wrong slot (on the back of your PC) as you may have a graphics card, which should be your output & not the on-board VGA connection (which will be higher up near the speaker/mic phono sockets.

polish 20:36 PM 05 Jan 12

thanks for reply spiderlegz the graphics card is a 8800 gt i have used the same conection for the old monitor and the older tv and both work with no problems

polish 21:36 PM 05 Jan 12
Answer

not sure why but i swapped dvi connection from dvi 1 to dvi 2 and it works ?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites