Problems with clean install of Win98Se on

Giggle n' Bits 01:05 01 Sep 03

ECS Elite K7S5A rev3 motherboard with 2x 256MB SDRAM.

When and before getting the chance to install any drivers the Explorer pops up error and hangs/gpf's or wants to shut pc off.

I have again Fdisk and formatted HDD and this time DVD Drive will not run Win98CD nor will CD Rtr access the CD.

The computer has been fine for a few years until it crashed and Win98Se was lost beyond repiar.

All I can think is that the 512MB total of SDRAM is not configured in system or too much.

I heared a while ago that you have to adjust Virtual Memory settings for 512MB of Ram in Win98SE.

So I think that the VM had been altered or lost its tweak causing the crash in the first place.

Anyone got any pointers what to try. I am going to remove 1x256 DIMM to see if i can reinstall Win98Se and run it in the Desktop.

hugh-265156 02:07 01 Sep 03

there are many many explorer errors,can you post the exact error? have a look click here

have a look also click here click here

hugh-265156 02:11 01 Sep 03
  Giggle n' Bits 10:26 01 Sep 03

problem.

Thanks M8 Huggyg71 !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…