Problems changing inks in epson

Derek-321146 12:02 13 Oct 06

Hi All

I have a Epson StylusC42UX, well someone had to buy one, duh ...

I have owned it for a few years, my son being the one using it.....how familier does that sound...

I have changed the inks before but it has been a while..
Any way, on try to use my printer, I found the ink cartridges empty, I got some more and tried to remove the old ones, Problem.......

I can't seem to get the ink cartridge carrier to stop in the middle (under the seethrough cover), it always stops under the Gray plastic printer moulding, to the right hand side..Making it impossible to get at..

What am I doing wrong ...

Lampy ........ :-

spuds 12:12 13 Oct 06

I find this utility very good click here when working around Epson cartridge problems. If you cannot move the carriage using the normal method, then this programme may help.

spuds 12:15 13 Oct 06

Whoops wrong link, try click here

Totally-braindead 12:18 13 Oct 06

Advice for first installing carts but should be the same for replacement click here

Totally-braindead 12:20 13 Oct 06

Also read this click here

spuds 12:21 13 Oct 06

Sorry about this, appears as though the link as been 'messed-up'. Try this click here If this fails, I will give up :O(

pj123 16:06 13 Oct 06

To force a cartridge change on an Epson printer, press and hold the ink button down. As soon as the ink carriage starts moving unplug the power lead from the back of the printer. You can now move the ink carrier manually to where you want it to be.

Once you have changed the ink cartridge you need to move the ink carrier completely to the left hand side of the printer and then plug the power lead back in and switch the printer on.

Derek-321146 00:57 16 Oct 06

Hi ...

Thanks for all the replies, I haven't had chance to try any as yet ..

Will tell you all how I got one as soon as i can ...

Thanks again...

Lampy .............. :->

BT 07:50 16 Oct 06

Press and hold the Paper Feed button. The cartridges will move to the cartridge change position. This works on most of the 'C' series printers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced