Problems with cd/rw draw opening

alt 17:13 17 May 04

Hi, My cd/rw draw will not open when I press the button. However, if I burn a cd, I am using Nero, which was bundled with the computer, then after the burn process is finished and I choose "discard" the draw will open. I always have to use a pin otherwise and I expect that this isn't a good option to use all the time. If I choose "eject" from the Nero drop down list this doesn't open the draw either. I have had the company out to change the drive but it is still happening. Shall I try and uninstall Nero, do you think that this programme is maybe messing up?...I am running xp home.

Old Shep 17:24 17 May 04

Have you tried double clicking on MY COMPUTER right click on the offending drive and select EJECT.This might narrow the problem down.

alt 17:33 17 May 04

Hi Old Shep, Just done that, I can hear that it is trying to open and the green light on the front is flashing away but it still wont open. I know that it isn't stuck because as I said it will open when I press "discard" after burning a CD...

Old Shep 17:41 17 May 04

Have you tried CONTROL PANEL/SYSTEM/DEVICE MANAGER/RIGHT CLICK on the offending drive PROPERTIES and then TROUBLSHOOT. You may also try updating your drivers if you know what make the drive is.

xptosmtbd 17:53 17 May 04

Hi Old Shep, I will try and update the driver, where do I get the driver from, would it be on the cd that came with the comp. as I have no other cds.?.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced