Problems with cd re-writer.

cass27 23:23 18 Apr 03

I used to use my cd re-writer a lot to burn downloaded stuff off the computer. I left it a while. Come back and I get the message. "Easy CD creator" engine innitialization has failed. It won't boot up. Windows Me. Re-writer is Samsung. Software is Easy CD creator (adaptec).
I recently got Windows XP. Still same problem but it also says at end of install:Compatability problem with this version of windows.
Anybody any ideas? Do I hve to have this software with this rewiter or can I use diff to Adaptec?

Thanks for your help

pj123 23:43 18 Apr 03

You could try DiscJuggler. It is on the PCA Magazine CD Issue 93 for May 2003

It says "Complete Solution for CD Burning, Backup and Copying"

powerless 23:45 18 Apr 03

click here it maybe a virus so run an AV check.

...also click here and update your version on ECDC.

canard 23:55 18 Apr 03

A previous posting said that EasyCD Creator doesn't work with WinXP.

powerless 00:01 19 Apr 03

It does work with XP but you need the updates.

Iceman1978 00:52 19 Apr 03

I had problems a while back on win98, the easiest thing to do is to use another program, there easy to get hold of. Also i find that typing part of the error messages u are getting, into a search engine, will link u to forums were people are having the same problem and possibly give u a solution. Theres always someone with the same problem.

Mr-C 08:56 19 Apr 03

If you install the updates do it as it says on the roxio site or it will not work properly.

cass27 10:37 19 Apr 03

Thanx for your time . I 'm going to try all these ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…