problems with cable broadband

Vasu 22:28 03 Feb 09

i used to have aol broadband which came witha thomson speedtouch router. now i have cable broadband. i have plugged in the broadband ( ethernet )cable to the router and then the router to the ethernet port of the pc using another cable. using a belkin car from my pc upstairs it can communicate with the rrouter but i am unable to access the internet as it keeep asking me to " connect the dsl cable " - which i dont have as it is a direct cable boradband. so how do i get my router to disable the dsl side and configure the cable - ethernet - side ? thomson product set up help is no help as it actually linked to aol. please help.

Vasu 22:35 03 Feb 09

i used to have aol broadband via dsl ( phone line) which came with a thomson speedtouch router. now i have cable broadband. i have plugged in the broadband ( ethernet )cable to the router and then the router to the ethernet port of the pc using another cable. using a belkin card from my pc upstairs it can communicate with the router but i am unable to access the internet as it keeps asking me to " connect the dsl cable " - which i dont have as it is a direct cable boradband. so how do i get my router to disable the dsl side and configure the cable - ethernet - side ? thomson product set up help is no help as it actually linked to aol. please help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…