problems with cable broadband

Vasu 22:28 03 Feb 09

i used to have aol broadband which came witha thomson speedtouch router. now i have cable broadband. i have plugged in the broadband ( ethernet )cable to the router and then the router to the ethernet port of the pc using another cable. using a belkin car from my pc upstairs it can communicate with the rrouter but i am unable to access the internet as it keeep asking me to " connect the dsl cable " - which i dont have as it is a direct cable boradband. so how do i get my router to disable the dsl side and configure the cable - ethernet - side ? thomson product set up help is no help as it actually linked to aol. please help.

Vasu 22:35 03 Feb 09

i used to have aol broadband via dsl ( phone line) which came with a thomson speedtouch router. now i have cable broadband. i have plugged in the broadband ( ethernet )cable to the router and then the router to the ethernet port of the pc using another cable. using a belkin card from my pc upstairs it can communicate with the router but i am unable to access the internet as it keeps asking me to " connect the dsl cable " - which i dont have as it is a direct cable boradband. so how do i get my router to disable the dsl side and configure the cable - ethernet - side ? thomson product set up help is no help as it actually linked to aol. please help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…