Problems burning pics to CD

whisked 15:42 12 Sep 03

Ok here's the situation. I have used Nero Express to burn some Jpeg files onto CDRW. The problem i have is locating and opening them. When i insert the disc i have various icons etc, they seem to be Dat files and i can't get them to open with any Media player.

Any ideas?

MAJ 15:53 12 Sep 03

Looks like you've used the VCD option to burn them to CD, whisked. What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to burn a photo CD so that you can show the pictures on your TV via a DVD player, or, are you just backing up your pictures. The dat files can be played on Windows Media player though.

whisked 15:57 12 Sep 03

Just backing up pictures, for the first time! I am using the Video/Pictures option before burning, is this wrong?

MAJ 15:57 12 Sep 03

To open the dat file in WMP, open the MPEGAV folder and right click on one of the dat files, choose Open With and choose WMP as the application to open it in.

MAJ 15:59 12 Sep 03

To back up your pictures, just choose the Data CD option, whisked.

whisked 16:04 12 Sep 03

Ok MAJ, i'll try again using Data! I had tried to open the files with WMP, but it said the file format was not supported. I'll close the thread if Data works ok, thanks alot.

BRYNIT 16:22 12 Sep 03

If you have Ahead InCD installed use this to format your CD-RW disk you can then just drag and drop the files direct to the disk. This will also allow you to delete individual files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…