Problems burning to DVD in XP MCE.

m1kelys0ns 08:37 15 Sep 07

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if any of you guys could help me as you have been fantastic in the past.

When I try to burn DVD's (data or films) It won't let me. I have tried Nero 7, Nero 6.6, Roxio Easy Media Creator and Super DVD Creator. In Nero I get "burn process failed" in Roxio it won't let me add an ".avi" video file and in Super DVD Creator it starts to burn then the whole program just shuts down.

I can't understand this as I never had any problems with XP Pro. Has anybody else ever come across this and if so what did you do to sort it out?

Any input would be fantastic.

Thank you very much.

Mike.

Taff™ 09:00 15 Sep 07

This might help click here If you`ve tried all those burners and then removed the programs from the system. I just stick to Nero 6 as I`ve had no end of problems with 7. Try method One and download guided help. You might like to set a Manual System Restore Point first.

The other tip I`d offer is to set the burn speeds at about half the maximum for your burner and make sure that the buffer underrun option is selected.

m1kelys0ns 09:21 15 Sep 07

I will give it a try, thank you.

m1kelys0ns 10:11 15 Sep 07

I just uninstalled all cd/dvd burning software and just put Nero 6 on and it seems to be sorted out!

Thanks very much for your help Taff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant