Problems burning to CDR and CDRW

Old Town Steve 12:47 09 Jul 04

I'm tying to burn some mp3 files to cd using sonic record now. It all seems to burn ok, and even comes up with the message disc completed succesfully, but the disc is blanc. I've tried different discs both cdr and cdrw both with same results. On some discs I get the message disc is dirty try another disc, which I do, and then all seems ok but with same results. I've also tried to copy some photo's but again no joy. my system is xp home celeron 2.6gz 512 ram, HLDTST RW/DVD GCC 4481B drive. Can I found out if this is a hardware or software problem? My drive reads cd's ok.
Any help appreciated.

Scillonia 13:38 09 Jul 04

Has the writer worked previously?
Can you burn to disc with any other software?

Old Town Steve 13:45 09 Jul 04

I managed to burn one cd when I first got the computer, but this was done using windows media player. I've tried using that again, but same problem as before.

Scillonia 14:09 09 Jul 04

Try down loading free/trail burner software and try thatif that fails, it looks like a hard ware fault. Did the drive come with its own software?

click here

TomJerry 14:11 09 Jul 04

Download free trial of Nero (best burning software someone would say) to try out. click here (you only need package one)

Old Town Steve 13:44 12 Jul 04

No Joy with Nero either, I think is's probably hardware. Anyway thanks for your replies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…