Problems buring dvds/cds

loopyloo 21:32 27 Nov 06

I have a Acer laptop and I'm trying to copy/burn dvd/cds. I'm almost sure that I have a problem with my dvd drive not working correctly but just wanted someone else's advice before taking it in. It can read cd/dvd's but for some reason I can't copy or burn to cds/dvd. I have used several different software programs and its saying it has copied but when I come to play them back there is nothing on the disks.

skidzy 21:36 27 Nov 06

Have you tried changing the media ?

Try this,

Start/My Computer/right click the cd/dvd drive/properties/Recording/now tick Enable cd recording on this drive.

XP will not write to dvd,you will need something like Nero/Roxio etc...

loopyloo 21:41 27 Nov 06

Hi Ive looked at the setting as above and they are correct Im beginning to think its a problem with the drive its self. Can you get a problem where it reads cds but not writes

skidzy 21:46 27 Nov 06

Try this...

Insert a cd-r,now find a photo or document,right click this,and sendto the cd/dvd drive.

Eject this and reload the disc...has it worked ?

loopyloo 21:56 27 Nov 06

Hi I've tried the above as well. I think I'll have to take it in there must be a fault with the actual drive.

skidzy 22:02 27 Nov 06

Have you tried different brand discs ?

Just a thought loopyloo,are the discs rw or -r

if rw try to format the disc first and try to write to them.

Im sure this is a small problem,or the laser is faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…