Problems with BTYahoo Broadband & Norton Firewall

Mark-335400 23:45 21 Apr 06

I am just moving house and have had to swith to BTYahoo Broadband, all works well until Norton Firewall is installed at which point I cannot get any internet/email connection ... Running Windows XP profsnl with all updates (apart from SP2), Norton firewall and antivirus installed with all updates... Windows Firewall disabled and Norton Personal Firewall configured with 'Networking' setup to recognise Network card
Any Ideas?

howard63 10:53 22 Apr 06

well I know that Norton can give problems and do not use it. I use zone alarm and assume that Norton also has a screen where you can enter programs and give them permission to run etc.

The Old Mod 12:24 22 Apr 06

Hi I use BT broadband and use AVG free edition, with Mcfee firewall, no problems.

961 14:31 22 Apr 06

If you install BT with Yahoo I think you get integrated virus and spywarecheckers which will no doubt conflict with Norton. You need to switch off one of the virus checkers

I installed BT Broadband for a friend recently because it was the only ISP available on a small rural exchange. The whole thing was a mess until I uninstalled all the Yahoo stuff and went back to basic IE6 and Outlook Express with Avast virus check and Zone Alarm

The alternative I suppose is to rely on the Yahoo stuff and uninstall Norton

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…