Problems with BT Fibre Broadband Speed

Jodakist 11:55 10 Oct 14

I have recently upgraded to BT `Superfast Fibre Broadband' but my speeds are pathetic; so after sending several emails to bt over about six weeks, I eventually got an email with excuses in it but it told me to reset the Home Hub and gave a link to their wholesale speed tester and said to monitor the speeds over 48 hours. Well I have tried 20 times over the last thirty six hours, so far on my wire connected computer using Windows 7 but each time I get the message that the system is busy try again later! However, last night I tried the link on my old computer with Windows XP on it and it immediately connected and showed a speed of 28.16 download and 4.98 upload! I have tried it several times since also and it works with the XP but not the 7 or 8.1! I also have a new laptop with Windows 8.1 on it and that too doesn't seem to work very fast. All three computers have the same security/antivirus programs on them; so I wondered if anyone else has had similar problems and how did they overcome them? Any help or advice would be very welcome. Thank you David

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:23 10 Oct 14

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:25 10 Oct 14

OK site's playing up and won't post my links to different speed tester because it thinks they are spam.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…