Problems with Broadband

gill 17:13 03 Jul 04

Hi Everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I have with my broadband connection.When I originally installed it everything worked OK, I then tried to share my connection with my Laptop using a "Cross-over cable.This was a disaster and didn't work so it was taken off. However,since then I can open several pages without a problem then they start to load very slowly (half a minute some times). It will go ok again for a few more pages then slow up again.I dont think anything is wrong with the Modem etc. because when I connect the modem to my laptop it works perfectly.I am using Wannado with Win 98 SE. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks Gill

scooby43 17:21 03 Jul 04

have u tried uninstalling the software and try again

gill 17:26 03 Jul 04

scooby43.
Yes I have tried that but it made no difference.

gill 17:59 03 Jul 04

;-)

VoG II 18:04 03 Jul 04

Try clearing out your temporary internet files and other dross using CleanhUp! click here

gill 16:33 04 Jul 04

VoG™
Thanks for the suggestion. I will download Cleanup but I have already done a disk clean up and a defrag and it made no difference.

gill 16:36 04 Jul 04

Any other ideas would be most welcome.
Thanks Gill

scooby43 10:53 05 Jul 04

Gill were you able to go back to a system restore point when it last worked if on XP?

simonp1 11:15 05 Jul 04

maybe be a silly idea, but run a Virus check and run adware to make sure you dont have somthing nasty in your system..

gill 21:07 05 Jul 04

scooby43 & simonp1
Thanks so much for your helpful suggestions.
I have run a complete virus check using AVG and have run Adaware which I do every week. No viruses were found there were a few cookies that adaware turned up but nothing serious.
As for System Restore, I dont know how to do that and I was under the impression that it could not be done on Win 98 SE. Gill

scooby43 13:20 08 Jul 04

ah no you can't unfortunatly on Windows 98 SE but I am sure there are programs you can use to back things up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…