Problems booting up laptop.

eem2am 16 Dec 12

Hello,

I am using a Toshiba Satellite C650D Laptop with Windows 7 home premium. I bought this laptop in July 2010.

I often have to shut down and start up 3 or 4 times before the laptop starts up properly.

Sometimes it starts up and presents a screen full of icons as normal, but doesnt do anything when i click them................i then have to shut down by pressing and holding the power button, -then try starting up again.

Sometimes it starts up and just gives a black screen with nothing but the mouse pointer on it.......and stays like that........meaning i then have to shut down by pressing and holding the power button, -then try starting up again.

It often starts up and gives me the choice "launch startup repair" or "start windows normally" ......i always choose "start windows normally" because in the past, trying "launch startup repair" has just led nowhere.

Do you know whats wrong?...and how i can fix it.?

I am using Norton Antivirus and did a full system scan but it showed no threats. I also ran a disk cleanup (defragmentation) but this hasnt helped

lotvic 16 Dec 12

Before you go any further - If you haven't burnt your recovery dvds, now is the time to do it. Read thread http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4193345/scannow-stops-at-81-per-cent/ and the links to guides on how to do it are on the posts.

Lazarus The 2nd 17 Dec 12

Spam by thuhai6,

FE Informed..

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message