Problems booting up

MANDYJIM 17:33 13 Jan 04

I have a problem booting up an AMD 2000xp,K7S5A motherboard, geoforce 2 graphics card,512 ddr memory, windows xp. Upon trying to boot up nothing happens on monitor at all, all i hear is a series of beeps from tower case.....
1 beep followed by 8 beeps close together then a short pause and then 2 beeps close together followed another single beep. I get around the problem by pressing reset, it usually boots up and runs no problem after between one and five resets. I wonder if anyone has any ideas........Jim

LastChip 18:58 13 Jan 04

The symptoms you have suggest a possible loose graphics card or memory (or both).

For a start, check all expansion cards and memory modules are correctly in place. Don't forget anti-static precautions when doing this.

While you are in there, try booting up with the case cover off, and check that all fans are working correctly. If you have a fan on the graphics card, don't forget to check that as well.

MichelleC 19:05 13 Jan 04

Just adding on Lastchips' post a link for future bios beep meanings click here

MANDYJIM 19:31 13 Jan 04

Thank you for advice, i will give it a go...........jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…