Problems on boot up

sneakerman 20:32 06 Apr 07

I have just reinstalled WinXP and have a strange problem, after Windows appears I get "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard" and on the next screen it tells me it is for "Primary IDE Channel" and when I cancel it I go through the same process again this time for "Secondary IDE Channel" but in Device Manager there are no problems. The PC seems to be operating fine but every time I boot I get tesae messages.

Can anyone help me pinpoint the problem, I don't know where to start?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:38 06 Apr 07

just reinstalled WinXP

have you run the motherboard driver CD?

sneakerman 23:39 06 Apr 07

not the actual CD, but I downloaded the drivers and used nLite to slipstream them, the fact that everything appears in OK in device manager I thought indicates that all is well?

sneakerman 09:15 07 Apr 07

I have discovered that all is not well, it appears to be - but I have no sound and Ithink that is activated by the drivers on the CD, so I am missing something.

Thanks for your help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:25 09 Apr 07

I would certainly reload drivers, even thugh device manager appears to show no problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…