Problems with "black" screen

AudunSe 01:47 01 Aug 09

Hi,

I use a new laptop where everything works good. In addition I use a quite old monitor, Hyundai DeluxScan 7770, when I use the laptop as stationary PC. This has worked good until an hour ago. While I tried to optimize the screen settings and the like on the laptop (at the same time I had activated the Hyundai monitor and had the identical scree picture on both monitors) the secondary monitor (ie the Hyundai monitor) got "black". Even if it got black I can from time to time see the mouse point move in the direction like it does on my laptop screen, so the Hyundai monitor hasn't died out.
I guess I have changed one or several settings on the Hyndai monitor to levels which are outside its range.
I want to ask you if you have any idea how I can set the settings back to default (I don't have the manual for the Hyundai monitor any longer and I don't have any other PC than the laptop I use now to help myself due to try solving my problem). If there are other options than set the settings back to default I am thankful if you can post them. And I am also thankful if anyone has a link to a page where I can get tips about my problems.

Regards Audun, Norway.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:56 01 Aug 09

Unlikely to be the monitor itself, more likely the settings for the second screen on the graphics card are wrong.

try resetting the second screen settings b right click on desktop - select properties - settings - select screen 2 - adjust the refresh rate to approx 74Hz and see if the monitor returns to life.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…