Problems - Beta.1 version "Microsoft Anti-Spyware"

eego 14:52 12 Jan 05

I recently downloaded and installed this Anit-Spyware and found that I then experienced problems in activating my "Firewall". The software itself worked well and identified several items that Ad-Aware SE apparently missed.
Has anyone else used this version of software and have they experienced the same problems, and if so is there an obvious fix.

Jackcoms 15:11 12 Jan 05

At the risk of sounding contrite, please note the use of the word "Beta" in the name of this software.

Personally, I always avoid ANY software until the word "Beta" disappears from its title.

rawprawn 15:16 12 Jan 05

I have been using it for about 1 week with no problems with Zone Alarm Free Version. I thought that the full version should be available by now, but I haven't seen it.

ChrisRLG 16:47 12 Jan 05

Because it is a beta you should be reporting any faults etc to the beta monitoring staff, or you should not be doing the beta testing.

This is a update to the giant anti-malware programn that M$ purchased before Christmas. It does have some false positives in its set up that have not been ironed out yet. So what it found that Ad-aware (or spybot) did not, may be just that, false positives.

Taw® 19:14 12 Jan 05

I have been running for over a week now with no ill effects, but as stated it is a beta so it may cause problems with some configurations and not with others.

eego 19:23 12 Jan 05

Thank you all for your contributions, although I must make it clear that I never intended criticism of the software but merely to point out one specific problem in the hope that someone else may have had the same experience and could suggest a solution. However in future I shall probable take the advice given by
"Jackcom & ChrisLRG" and leave BETA stuff alone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…