Problems with Avant Browser

Janet-201707 21:17 08 May 05

Hello All

I have been trying to help my neighbour with his laptop as he is new to computers. He has a Packard Bell Laptop running Windows XP Home. Every time he sends Google to search for something,in the textbox appears a list of previous Keywords and he has no idea how to get rid. Neither do I for that matter, (for mine only appear in the address bar).He is using the boring old IE, so I suggested he try Avant Browser. Downloaded it, expecting it to be successful, as it is on my PC. Na!!!!! Despite having made it the default browser, as soon as it tries to download a website up comes this message: 'IE cannot download click here DNS.IE was not able to open the Internet site.The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.Please try later'. (it applies to al websites visited)I do not have this problem either on my PC. Can anyone tell me why this is happening, so that I can help him. His set up seems very, very slow and has more problems than I have ever come across. If that laptop was mine, I'd be returning it and asking for my money back.

Many thanks for any help given.

octal 21:40 08 May 05

The trouble with Avant browser is its really a skin for IE, its not a 'stand alone' browser, so its susceptible to all the security vulnerabilities that IE has because it runs in the background.

Run all the anti spyware programs and AV to make sure the machine is clean, especially as its running slow.

octal 13:31 09 May 05

You've ticked resolved, what was the cure then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…