Problems again with AVG update

TommyRed 15:06 01 Apr 04

I'd had problems updating AVG but the url.ini tweak seemed to have sorted it, but yesterday couldn't download version 648 through either the update manager or manually. Following up on it today found a link to the Czech update site on this site (think it was Chris the Ancient's thread)click here and that worked fine. I'd recommend anyone still having problems to go there. Point the update to the update file in your AVG/grisoft folder then open the program to install it. TR

Dipso 15:58 01 Apr 04

Thanks. People keep coming up with different suggestions for this update problem and we still have trouble downloading.

Hopefully, we should have exhausted all possibilities soon!

I will try the Czech link next time, If I can understand the lingo!;)

Dipso 16:00 01 Apr 04

BTW, I got around it yesterday by downloading the AVG 6 Pro version update of the same file as someone else suggested.

Smiler 16:13 01 Apr 04

just did the same thing worked ok

BurrWalnut 16:17 01 Apr 04

A short while ago I posted a solution that enabled 3 sites to be chosen. This has now been expanded to 4. So, those of you who have 10 lines in the url.ini file can amend it by adding 2 lines and changing 1, as follows :

ADD Line 5 4=isecurity. org. uk (remove spaces)

ADD Line 11 4=http : // www . isecurity. org. uk /avg (remove spaces)

CHANGE Line 12 Actual URL=4

TommyRed 16:38 01 Apr 04

Amended the url.ini file as you suggested, I'll try it out on the next update. TR

Lionheart ? 17:17 01 Apr 04

Nice one the extra URL seems a lot better, telling me I am up to date a lot quicker than the other sites.

MuDelta 17:28 01 Apr 04

None of the previous three sites were being co-operative today butyour new one did it instantly.
Well done.

jz 18:49 01 Apr 04

How did you find out about this?

BurrWalnut 19:09 01 Apr 04

The site owner took it upon himself to make the downloads faster as he was fed up, like all of us are, with the delays.

I haven't told him it has been posted here, so Mum's the word.

The Spires 20:05 01 Apr 04

No such thing as a free lunch you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…