Problems after w97 marker virus

Jarvo 17:54 05 Sep 04

One of the computers at work got the w97 Marker virus. the virus was discovered because you could not open an excel file from the my documents folder or MS Outlook. I removed the virus using avg and disabling system restore and the computer shows clean, but you still cannot open excel documents from my documents or e-mail attachments by double clicking on them. Excel opens with half of the menus greyed out but the file will not open. If you open excel first and use file open or a document short cut the files open normally. tyred reinstalling office but to no avail. windows XP prof and office XP

anyone any ideas?

Jarvo

stalion 20:42 05 Sep 04

^^

Jarvo 21:09 05 Sep 04

^^

^^

^^

stalion 21:12 05 Sep 04

^^ is to put your post back to the top to get you help.Regards

Jarvo 11:22 06 Sep 04

Sorry about the multiple bumbs

Jarvo 20:45 07 Sep 04

Tyred uninstalling and reintalling office XP and service pack 3 along with installing XP sp2 to no avail anyone got any ideas before I format hard drive and start afresh?

Jarvo

Jarvo 07:34 08 Sep 04

^^

Philwane 08:10 08 Sep 04

Try Sysclean before you reformat refer to my earlier post on Trojans and Viruses
click here

VoG II 20:05 08 Sep 04

Have you tried copying an Excel file from the previously infected machine onto a machine that was not infected and tried opening it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…