Problems after SP3 installed

Curio 19:38 21 Jul 08

Have an HP Pavilion dv 8000 Win XP SP2 Laptop. Following Successful install on my Desktop I also installed on above Laptop. Appeared OK, went to bed a happy man. On booting up today I was greeted with a black screen telling me ntfs.exe was missing or corrupt and could try a repair. This was done and all was restored. Problem is now every time I boot up, Windows installer comes up and tries to install Photo Gallery. Then says I should insert the correct CD for the installation. Am assuming this is an HP product but cannot identify which CD is indicated (6 came with PC). Of course it might be on the Windows CD
but am a bit loathe to try this at the moment.
If anyone can indicate which CD I would be obliged. List follows.
HP DVD Writer,
HP Image Zone plus
HP Quickplay
Lightscribe DVD
HP Applications
WinXPSP2 OpSystem
It is definitely not in the Applications CD.

Ditch999 22:32 21 Jul 08

If you have an HP printer/AIO then it might be on that CD but others have had the same problem and even after installing it they still got the pop-up window.
Some advice on how to fix it click here

There is also a Windows Photo Gallery which comes as part of Messenger Live.

Curio 23:01 21 Jul 08

Thanks for the info. I eventually established that it appeared to be linked to an HP G4000 Series scanner and by deleting that and other HP items the problem has now been resolved. Pleased to clear it as passing this PC on to my Daughter.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…