problems after reinstall of windows

deb1979 11:49 20 Mar 08

I recently had to reinstall windows to my pc, now my usb, floppy disc etc ports don't working. The dvd drive is working but is showing as h: drive where it used to be d:, can't find d:, e:, f: drives at all, have tried searchinf for new hardware but nothing is found. Would be grateful if anyone could help. Thanks.

MAJ 11:52 20 Mar 08

Did you install the motherboard drivers after the install of Windows (let us know which flavour of Windows you're using, XP, Vista, etc.).

Fried~Chips 11:54 20 Mar 08

if it has then it has changed the boot order and moved all the drives up out of synch.

When reinstalling windows any printers or devices should be not connected but just leave the Keyboard, mouse, Screen & speakers connected.

You need to unplug a internal Card Reader as this will be detected as a boot device.

Is your machine a branded make like a Packard Bell, HP or Dell etc?

deb1979 12:13 20 Mar 08

thanks for reply maj i am using xp. I have found a disc for motherboard drivers will give that a go.

deb1979 12:29 20 Mar 08

no fried chips it is q serve i think if that helps

deb1979 12:56 20 Mar 08

have installed motherboard drivers but still no luck!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:16 20 Mar 08

Now you have installed the drivers try rebooting the machine.

click here
will explain how to change the drive letters to get your DVD as D drive.

deb1979 11:04 22 Mar 08

Dvd is now showing up as d drive again and working fine but i still have a problem. None of my usb ports are working, have even tried the ones in the back with no luck and also my card reader is not working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…