Problems after installing SystemSuite 5

Whizguy101 11:16 17 Jan 05

These problems are as follows:

1. I renamed user account folders for no real reason than because I'm a perfectionist. I now regret doing that because I find that the users have lost all their data i.e favourites, files, emails etc.

2. I tried to System Restore back, however it always came back with Incomplete, no matter what date I chose.
After seeking a remedy for this I managed to get it working again, however all the dates are wiped, there's no checkpoints. By following eldergeek.com's advice it was all lost.

3. SystemSuite 5 incorporates NetDefense Firewall, in which it was installed along with.
However, SOMETIMES the firewall won't work, saying that I need to return to my inital session and configuring the firewall is restricted. Yet I'm the Administrator.

I considered re-installing Windows XP Home but I do not have a CD-RW to back up my much needed data (what is left). It'll take 400 floppies just to back up the Documents and Setting folder alone.
None of these problems affect normal usage of the computer, but they are numerous and I would like them rectified. I would appreciate any help.
IE: 6.0
Broadband internet.
75GB hard disk with NTFS file management.

Many thanks in advance.

Curio 18:53 17 Jan 05

click here. you should get a quick response

Whizguy101 18:56 17 Jan 05

Explained my situation, but I haven't got a reply yet. We have to think about Time Zones here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…