Problems after installing frontpage express

1happy1 15:47 17 Nov 04

Running Windows Pro. Amd 1500+ . 40 gig.
Other installations.
• Norton Works 2004
• Norton personal firewall 2004
• Office XP with frontpage express
• Paint Shop Pro
• Video studio 7
• Etc

Problem. Unstable Operating system ??. Conflict??

Downloaded Front Page express . Web search suggested that this was ok. When I went to install a windows installer message showed saying that the installation should be done thro set up. Selected ok and FPE appeared to load. Opened programme but seemed to be incomplete. Tried to open other programmes and computer went haywire and kept getting same windows installer message.

System very slow. Shut down and restarted but this took ages and kept getting same message. Did however instal eventually. Tried to remove FPE thro windows but not showing therefore just deleted via Windows explorer. Then tried sytems restore. Programme launched but after 3/4 minutes gave error message saying computer could not restore. Kept trying but no luck..

Checked web for problem but only one reference and this involved Norton. Then noticed I had lost Norton products from task bar and could not launch them. Tried to remove all Norton products but could not do it thro windows set up. Had to use windows explorer delete
Restarted computer and loaded much quicker but still having to open programmes thro set up and not via short-

Restore still not working neither was search facility..

Tried to install windows firewall via internet adsl and net work but network folder was showing empty. However could connect to web via Outlook express and internet explorer

Tried to repair windows using Windows XP pro CDR but programme showed I was trying to upgrade. When I tried to run programme, I received message that I had to restart computer first. Did so but made no difference. Tried a number of times but no luck

Tried to reinstall Norton Works but got error message Needs Windows 98 or ME.
Could not reinstall Norton Firewall therefore reluctant to go on web.

Tried to find problem in PC Advisors archives but out of luck.

Present Status.

Computer running- just but unstable.
Restore, Search and Network connection facilities not working.
Still having to reinstall some programmes- others OK.
Cannot get any Norton 2004 product to load
Still cannot run Window CDR..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…