Problems after installing 2000

Doire_Bhoy 09:42 06 Sep 05

The pc had XP but was running too slow. I installed 2000 over XP. Now when i view websites, like this one, i cant see the web page. It also says when i try and get into a netweork folder that insufficent resourses exist to get into it?

Are there files missing...was my 2000 disk bad?

Doire_Bhoy 09:46 06 Sep 05

I also add drivers for the onbaord graphics card. Certain buttons on the screen dont show up either.

mattyc_92 09:48 06 Sep 05

So you didn't do a "Clean Install" (formatted the system and installed Win2k afresh)?

Doire_Bhoy 09:51 06 Sep 05

Yeah the system was formatted then Win2000 added. Im running the repair process on it now

mattyc_92 09:54 06 Sep 05

"Are there files missing...was my 2000 disk bad?"

Shouldn't be as if there were, you will be told during the installation period.

Have you noticed any other problems?

Doire_Bhoy 10:05 06 Sep 05

Certian websites have colours which arent quite right....grainy colour....i installed drivers last week. It seemed ok two mins ago but when i rebooted...certain buttons...ie when i right clicked my computer , are missing

Doire_Bhoy 10:10 06 Sep 05

Still wont let me into network folders. I can log into the network computer though...weird!

igk 11:53 06 Sep 05

I see that your thread re forum members jobs seems to have been removed! it was very interesting the diversity of jobs,I assume it was getting too big and removing it was understandable its a pity that perhaps with a bit of courtesy that could have been explained when it was deleted...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…