Problems after encountering a Trojan Horse virus

GarySimpson 23:59 05 Oct 04

Can anyone help? Clicking on a seemingly innocent website after a Google search was enough to bring up an alert message from my (up-to-date) Norton Anti-Virus software, which announced that one of my Temporary Internet files was infected with the Trojan Horse virus. NAV was unable to quarantine the infected file, or delete it. Since then, I have deleted all Temporary Internet files and even reinstalled Internet Explorer 6.0 and Windows 98, but my computer continues to have two big problems: the computer is generally slow and the Internet Explorer icon no longer functions when you click on it, failing to open the program. A full search by NAV of my computer whilst in safemode says the computer is free of viruses. Can anyone give any suggestions?

johnnyrocker 00:06 06 Oct 04

run a scan using click here
get adaware spybot spywareblaster from the downloads section of this site update and run all and your problem might be solved

johnny.

curlylad 00:35 06 Oct 04

a² free click here This will check for trojans , dialers , spyware and other such nasties and then remove them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…