problems after downloading msn messenger 7

KINGSMILL 14:13 16 May 05

after upgrading to messenger 7 whenever i come out of it or any other internet site and select disconnect from the stay connected or disconnect box my dialup box pops up, when i close it, it pops up again i did`nt have this problem with 6.2 . but cant webcam with someone who runs 7 so i need 7 to go on any ideas ??? i have tried uninstalling 6.2 and putting 7 on also putting 7 on over the top with the same results i have ad-aware, microsoft anti spyware, and norton 2005 all up to date

huzzar 16:40 16 May 05

If I remember correctly, when I downloaded MSN 7 I had a choice of just installing Messenger or installing lots of other MSN things as default. I just installed Messenger because I know what the other progs can do to mess up a balanced PC. If you saved MSN 7 to your hard drive then I suggest that you use your System Restore to go back before you installed it and re-install.

mattyc_92 16:44 16 May 05

Something is trying to "update" itself.... Go through some of your programs (like MSN Messenger) and stop them from automatically searching for the updates....

It could be your Windows Updates being downloaded or searched for updates.... I wouldn't disable your Win Updates nor your Anti-Virus automatic updates though....

KINGSMILL 17:22 16 May 05

I ALSO CHOSE NONE OF THE DEFAULT OPTIONS AND JUST DOWNLOADED MESSENGER BUT NOT TO MY HARD DRIVE I JUST RUN IT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…