Problems with ADSL Modem

Carpigiani 21:45 23 Jan 03
  Carpigiani 21:45 23 Jan 03

Hello evereone.
Does anyone have ideas. 500mhz P111,Windows98SE. Internet Explorer 6 & Outlook Express 6. Norton Antivirus 2002 & Black Ice cp.
Installed today a Dynamode A360 ADSL Modem, supplied by Force9. After installing modem & drivers from cd & rebooting Norton Antivirus reports an error with e-mail scanning which cannot be rectified. Modem connects & seems to work ok but IE & OE both report fatal errors and close. Can only get system back to normal by uninstalling ADSL Modem and reverting back to yesterdays registry settings. Force 9 support have suggesting using a router/modem instead. They have offered to sent router free of charge but I will have to buy a network card. Surely there must be some way of installing USB modem drivers. Any ideas.

Sorry for length of message but lots to explain.
Thanks.

Carpigiani 22:00 23 Jan 03

Oh forget to say. Dynamode A360 is USB.

Carpigiani

Switcher 22:47 23 Jan 03

As soon as you mention Norton it makes me suspicious Norton usually brings nothing but trouble.

Have you tried running with Norton disabled to see if Norton is the problem.

Carpigiani 23:57 23 Jan 03

Tried disabling Norton, & uninstalled Black Ice. Still same problems with IE & OE. Have now backed up to yesterday again & reinstalled N & BI. Thanks to my trusty old dial up connection am back on line.
ADSL modem is now back in box, where it will probably stay. Will see what Force9 have to say tomorrow.

Carpigiani 19:14 24 Jan 03

Modem causing problems is Dynamode A360, have now installed a Westell USB ADSL modem which is working perfectly. I am sending Dynamode Modem back to Force 9, hopefully this will help anyone else who experiences the same problems with Dynamode modems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…