Problems with Ad-Watch

Red Devil 19:54 04 Sep 05

Is anyone else having problems with this program?

It keeps preventing my PC from shutting down (I have to shut Ad-Watch down via the Task Manager to be able to shut the computer down), I can't delete it, can't un-install it and it keeps interfering with my PC while it's running.

It's starting to get on my nerves now!

GaT7 20:04 04 Sep 05

Have you tried disabling it in Ad-Aware? G

For those who aren't familiar with Ad-Watch click here.

GaT7 20:12 04 Sep 05

For real-time protection, use SpywareBlaster (Win95 & above) click here, & if you have Win2000/XP use MS Antispyware as well click here. G

Red Devil 20:15 04 Sep 05

Yes, I have tried to disable it in Ad-Aware but it just doesn't seem to be able to disable it.

It's a very stubborn little program I can tell you.

GaT7 20:18 04 Sep 05

Try this click here to disable. G

Red Devil 20:27 04 Sep 05

I've already done that ages ago. The program still loads itself whenever I start my PC up.

GaT7 20:36 04 Sep 05

Start -> Run. Type msconfig in the box & press OK. Navigate to Startup tab & untick the appropriate item that's responsible for starting Ad-Watch (don't untick anything else). Click, Apply, OK & reboot. G

Or, try this if possible/applicable (taken from another forum):

- Open Ad-Aware SE

- Go to Ad-Watch User Interface

- Go to Tools and Preferences

- At the bottom of the screen you will see 2 options Active and Automatic

- Active: This will turn Ad-Watch On\Off without closing it

- Automatic: Suspicious activity will be blocked automatically

- Uncheck both options

- Reboot if necessary

Red Devil 21:16 04 Sep 05

Already done that months ago.

Still won't work properly. Still can't get rid of it.

What I find is the next time I boot up, the program has set itself to run again.

GaT7 21:26 04 Sep 05

The installation may be corrupt. Uninstall, reinstall & try the above again.

If no joy, uninstall the present version, install the free edition of Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster & MS Antispyware (links above), then update all. Then, email their Tech support for help click here. Good luck & keep us posted about your progress. G

Red Devil 21:31 04 Sep 05

Will do as I have tried uninstalling it and I have updated to a newer version of Ad-Aware since the problem first appeared and it sill keeps playing up.

GaT7 21:40 04 Sep 05

Found this "Ad-Watch stops system shutdown" click here.

See Corrine's post on the next page about using the Ad-Watch Un-integration Tool. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…