Problems with Acronis True Image & Ext Drive

iscanut 20:42 09 Jan 06

Over the past year, I have been able to create imagaes on my Maxtor external USB hard drive. All of a sudden, I am now having problems. The image process gets to 99% and then displays a pop up box saying image successfully created. When I run a verify image on the save image, I get a note saying image is corrupt. Acronis have not been able to help. I have just created an image on my internal drive and all is OK ! The problem would appear to be the ext. drive. Chkdsk shows no bad sectors and the disk appears healthy. Has anyone any ideas ?

keverne 21:01 09 Jan 06

I can't offer any fixes but I can sympathise with you.

I've got the same problem now that I'm backing up to a 250GB ext. USB2 hard drive rather than my 80GB.

We are not alone - have a look through this forum click here

Is it version 9 you're using?

Big Elf 21:07 09 Jan 06

Is ther enough freespace on the disk to allow another image?

woodchip 21:15 09 Jan 06

Just copy the Image to External it will still work if not corrupt

Big Elf 21:16 09 Jan 06

Unless it's corrupt!

Chegs ®™ 22:29 09 Jan 06

I have encountered minor probs ewith TI and USB devices,never found a cause which makes cure impossible so go with Woodchips suggestion and copy the image from internal to external drive.

iscanut 08:33 10 Jan 06

Am using ver 8 with latest patch. Have not yet upgraded to ver 9. For the time being, I copy the good file from int hard drive to my external. Takes a bit longer, but it works. I have tried to take another image as there is plenty of room on the ext drive, but still same problem.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:36 10 Jan 06

I gave up using Acronis for the same problems (backing up to an empty 80Gb external disk) and also incremanetal backups were totally haphazard. Acronis is so twentieth century and Ghost is the way forward;-)).

G

woodchip 13:04 10 Jan 06

PS I do not have any probs backing up to a USB External Home built Hard Drive from 98se and XP computers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5