Problems accessing wireless network- bt Home hub

peaklander 22:49 19 Jul 08

One of my computers cannot access the BT home hub. Four other computers log in and work perfectly with no problems at all.

The Rock Direct Pegasus TI (mitac 8050) can access other wireless networks no problem, but will not work at home. This is an intel 1.7 processor running XP SP2 and Macaffee 2007 internet security. The wireless card is an Intel R Pro/ wireless 2200BG Network adaptor hardware version 0.0.4 MAC address 00.12.FO.63.DD.80. I have tried to use both windows and the BT home hub manager software- the computer finds the home hub and identifies the correct SSID but when I enter the wireless key absolutely correctly the windows software tells me I have entered the incorrect key. The BT manager is not so helpful and just fails to connect. I have cleared out all settings numerous times to no avail. Again I can take it to a friends home (not a BT Home hub and connect straight away without any problems. I have double checked all settings, security etc and have disabled both firewalls to no avail.Any advice would be gratefully received.

Best contact bt and ask for IP settings page

peaklander 14:05 20 Jul 08

Hi Yes after a late night fiddling I gave up and called them this morning. They were brilliant, on the phone 2hours 45 mins without a break and finally pinned the problem down to an issue deep within the windows system.

Thaks for your advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant