Problems accessing remote hosts

GTrotter 19:24 03 Dec 03

I have two computer both running Windows XPand both setup to use BT Broadband. Both machines canmake a physical connection to the internet. However one machine can get a response from 'pinging' remote hosts whereas the other can not. This means that whilst I can connect to the internet I cannot bring upany web pages etc.

I have checked the "ipconfig /all" output for both computers and they are identical. Any ideas where else I can look for problems. I am rapidy running out of ideas. Help please!

Gary

Lozzy 12:15 04 Dec 03

Theres a clue here in what you say that both PC's are Identical. They shouldn't be they should have different names. e.g. PC1 per say should be called "Fred" PC2 should be called "Mary" with the workgroup name being the same on each as MSHome.

The names Fred and Mary are just examples.. How did you creat your network and what cables are you using? And have you enabled Internet sharing??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…