Problems accessing the internet after virus attack

Confused98 18:23 01 Dec 03

I have recently suffered from a virus attack (despite having up to date virus software installed) which I believe entered through a weakness in IE (May have been either or both of Blaster Worm and Welchia Worm) and as a result I am having problems using the internet.

I have a broadband connection (although I also have the same problem using a dial-up connection) and whilst I can get a connection no web pages are brought up to my browser and I cannot locate my server to retrieve email. Its like I have a connection but my computer cannot see (or talk to) any other computers on the internet.

I have tried my connection on another computer and have no problems. It appears it is something to do with the setup on the problem computer. Any ideas where to start looking for problems?

VoG II 18:28 01 Dec 03

Try following the manual removal instructions click here

VoG II 18:31 01 Dec 03

Or try the removal tool click here also see click here

A_World_Maker 18:32 01 Dec 03

Check to see if your IE is using your default dialup connection, and that it is the correct one... not a network (unless you are on a network and have set the proxy address).

Confused98 18:33 01 Dec 03

I have removed the virus okay - I need some help cleaning up any aftermath.

Confused98 18:35 01 Dec 03

To A_World_Maker

It is definately using the correct connection. The connection process itself is fine but something is not setup right so I can't see anything.

VoG II 18:35 01 Dec 03

Have you changed the registry entries etc. as above?

Confused98 18:36 01 Dec 03

VoG

I used the 'tool' and checked afterwards - it was gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…