Problems?

tobyjug472002 12:07 18 Feb 08

Ive got a couple of problems, dont know if anyone can help. Pentium 4 Running XP Home Compac Presario...with the OS pre-installed on a partition of the 250 Gb Hard drive..( Hence no Windows Disc) I want to know if/or how i can format the Drive..i can restore it back to its original setup. but i wish if possible to completely format it without loosing the partition where the OS is about 5Gb i think?
I have got a 250 Gb External HD as well.

The other 'problem' if thats not too drastic of a word, does anyone know a programme i can maybe just download to get rid of duplicate files, be it MP3's, Films, etc.,

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Clapton is God 12:25 18 Feb 08

If you have the OS on a separate partition, that would indicate that you also have the option to restore to factory settings without the need to format. Have a look in the PC manual.

This will get rid of duplicate files click here

tobyjug472002 12:49 18 Feb 08

I'm a Clapton fanatic...Thanks for the link to the programme to delete duplicate files, i'll give that a go....with regards to the OS on a seperate partition you are correct, i can restore it to the factory setting, but ive accumulated quite a lot of junk, i presume achived files..plus my AVG Antivirus has picked up a Trojan Horse in C:\ System Volume Information...i just hoped i would be able to format the whole drive, to get rid of this accumalation of garbage.

Thanks anyway ( Eric)

fishface113 18:56 18 Feb 08

I have a Dell laptop with the same set up. I recently used the restore function and was given the option of repairing windows or restoring to factory settings. I assure you restore to factory settings formats the partition and starts again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced