Problems

steven_frost 21:12 09 Nov 03

i'm just redoing my site with fp2003 and have created a sub domain t test the site out also for the clients to look at the site running fully but i've got a problem when i look at the test site its using the same home page as the main site but its still also using the new buttons any ideas

to see the problem click here

Forum Editor 02:29 10 Nov 03

Open the main web in FP 2003 and create a new folder under the root - that's the main folder at the top of the folder view. Call the folder anything you like - 'testweb' would be an idea.

Now, right click on the new folder and select 'convert to web' from the menu that appears. You'll see a warning about links and pages withing the subweb but ignore that and go ahead. Now open the subweb folder and create your new version of the site, as if you were starting from scratch. Make sure that you put a copy of all images into the image folder - don't reference them from the folder in the main web.

When you've finished, publish the site to the server, and test it by typing a url to one of the pages. This would take the form of:

h t t p:// w w w. yourmaindomain.co.uk/testweb/carnival_queen.html or whatever your page name is. I've added spaces here to stop the 'click here' link appearing.

steven_frost 15:11 10 Nov 03

I've done all of that and the same problem still happens HELP PLEASE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…