problemen bt voyager210 and router netgear wpn 824

sharpegreg 15:59 04 Dec 07

Hi,
i'm on vista.

first of all, is it possible to connect those 2 products together to get internet ?

when i 'm connected to internet with the bt voyager only : i get no problem.

when i start to use the cd instal for setup the router, it tells me that my computer is not connected with Ethernet (where it is) why ? (in the past i used it exactly like that with another modem and no problem)

i try to run the setup by the router homepage but the internet detection failed too.

how can i solve my issue ?

Greg

Kemistri 16:07 04 Dec 07

A wireless router plus a wireless modem/router? No; not going to happen. Your Netgear needs a modem, so unless the BT thing can function only as a modem (very much doubt it) then it's a no-go.

Kemistri 16:08 04 Dec 07

Begs the question "what's wrong with using only the Voyager"?

sharpegreg 16:24 04 Dec 07

the bt voyager is only for one pc and i want to connect 2...

so no way to use my netgear as a simple hub to connect 2 pc :(((

Greg

Kemistri 16:56 04 Dec 07

If that BT thing is actually router, as it apparently claims to be, then it must be able to support multiple clients. Otherwise, it's not a router because it won't be doing very much routing! It might help if you post the specs. If it cannot function as a router in its own right, then you need either [a] an Ethernet ADSL modem (if the Netgear does NOT support USB modems) or [b] a USB ADSL modem (if it DOES support them) or [c] a standard wireless ADSL modem/router like everyone else uses.

sharpegreg 19:50 04 Dec 07

working perfectly after the update of the netgear router.

Regards

Greg

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac