Problematic disk clean up advice in May PCA?

john bunyan 18:14 28 Mar 10

On page 95 of the May PCA , in the penultimate paragraph, it is suggested to save space on your Hard drive "if you keep most of your music files on your iPod, delete them from your PC"
This is very dangerous advice, as although it is possible (as is shown in the "Expert tip") most folk auti synch their iPods an if you delete the tunes from the HD it is possible the auto synch will wipe them from the iPod. You would have to have many thousands of MP3's to take up sigificant space in modern PCs - most people only have less than 15 gig of MP3's.
In fact it would have been wiser to reccomend not only keeping the tunes on the PC but to make one or more back ups on other drives or even on DVD's.

ame 18:31 28 Mar 10

I agree - pity there is no feedback to editor section on this site. I have noticed errors etc in articles and reviews but there is no proper way of pointing them out- or is there?

john bunyan 18:33 28 Mar 10

I put it in "Helproom" as that was the heading on p94. I assume Fe etc reads these postings.

ame 18:51 28 Mar 10

So there is - never been that far down before. Doh!!

Paul-1379466 19:45 28 Mar 10

My extensive downloaded music collection is on my PC & 4 external drives, one kept at an alternate location. This thread is one good reason for buying CD's & ripping them, you will always have a hard backup.

john bunyan 19:52 28 Mar 10

I have a removble slave drive to which I clone my primaray and I do an image and data back up two external back ups plus I occasionally burn a data DVD or two. So many times here and elsewhere you hear of people whose HD has gone down with no back up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…